Charter-Spectrum has announced that they will offer free access to broadband and WiFi services to households with K-12 and/or college students for 60 days. The service will provide speeds of up to 100 Mbps. To enroll, households can call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households. The company promised no data caps or hidden fees. Charter-Spectrum has also partnered with school districts to ensure local communities are aware of the free service and can support students learning remotely. The initiative aims to ensure that students can maintain reliable access to the online resources and information they need during these unprecedented times. Charter-Spectrum will also provide free access to their WiFi hotspots for public use.
Introduction to Spectrum free Internet for students
Spectrum Internet, operating under the brand name Spectrum, is providing free internet and Wi-Fi services for 60 days to all non-subscribing households with students from kindergarten to college, as a response to the closing of schools and colleges due to the global coronavirus outbreak. The decision is aimed at supporting students who have to move to online classes and do not have an internet connection. The free service offers up to 100 Mbps at every service point and has no hidden fees or data caps. To enroll, interested individuals can call 1-844-488-8395 and waive installation fees if eligible. Charter also pledged to work with school boards to ensure these resources are accessible to local populations and assist students in learning from home. Charter is committed to providing customers with reliable access to online resources and information during these challenging times.
Eligibility criteria for Spectrum free Internet for students
1. Spectrum Internet 100 is a new plan offered by Spectrum that provides free internet to eligible low-income households.
2. The plan includes 100 megabits per second download speeds, a Wi-Fi modem, and self-installation.
3. Eligibility for the free internet plan can be determined by participating in certain assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline.
4. Eligibility can also be determined by participating in Tribal specific programs such as the Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
5. Participating in the National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, can also determine eligibility.
6. Eligibility can also be determined by receiving a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year or meeting the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's existing low-income internet program.
7. To confirm eligibility, households should first visit the FCC's Affordable Connectivity Program website and then contact Spectrum at 1-877-959-1748 to apply for the credit.
8. The monthly fee of $29.99 is reimbursed in the form of a credit, effectively making the service free.
9. There are no data caps or contracts with the Spectrum Internet 100 plan.
10. Spectrum's free internet plan for students applies to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have internet through the company.
11. The free internet plan for students is available for 60 days beginning March 16, 2020.
12. The plan includes high-speed internet at 30 Mbps and optional in-home Wi-Fi service at $5/month.
13. Eligibility for the student-free internet plan is not limited to only low-income households.
14. To apply for the student-free internet plan, households should contact Spectrum at 1-855-243-8892.
How to apply for Spectrum free internet for students?
1. Determine eligibility: To apply for Spectrum free internet for students, the first step is to determine if you are eligible. This program is designed for households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have an existing broadband connection.
2. Contact Spectrum: Once you have confirmed eligibility, the next step is to contact Spectrum to enroll in the program. You can call them at 1-844-488-8395 and provide them with the necessary information to sign up for the program.
3. Waived installation fees: For new student households, installation fees will be waived (worth $59.99).
4. High-speed internet: Spectrum offers high-speed internet up to 100 Mbps at any service point. This is valid for 60 days for households with students who do not have existing broadband connections.
5. Wi-Fi coverage: Spectrum is expanding Wi-Fi hotspots for public access around its footprint. In addition, they will provide 60-day Wi-Fi connectivity to families with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a broadband connection.
6. Free access to hotspots: Hotspots around the country will be made available to everyone who needs it for free, including non-subscribers.
7. Continuing service: Spectrum is committed to ensuring that customers reliably have access to online resources and information they need and want during this difficult period and will continue to provide service.
Features and benefits of Spectrum free Internet for students
1. Free Access to Spectrum Broadband and Wi-Fi for 60 Days: Spectrum is offering free broadband and Wi-Fi access to households with K-12 and/or college students who don't already have a subscription for 60 days.
2. Fast Internet Speeds: Students can access internet speeds up to 100 Mbps, which is sufficient for online learning and research.
3. No Hidden Fees: Spectrum doesn't have data caps or hidden fees, providing students with transparent and reliable internet access.
4. Installation Fees Waived: Spectrum is waiving installation fees for new student households to make it easier for students to access the internet.
5. Free Access to Wi-Fi Hotspots: Students can access free Wi-Fi hotspots across the country.
6. No Contracts: Students aren't required to sign any contracts, providing them with flexible access to the Internet.
7. Partnering with Schools: Spectrum is partnering with school districts to ensure local communities are aware of these tools to help students learn remotely.
8. Continuity of Service: Spectrum's advanced communications network can sustain maximum capacity during peak usage, ensuring that students maintain reliable access to the internet.
9. Supports Remote Learning: Spectrum's free internet service is designed to support remote learning, allowing students to access necessary resources online.
10. Improves Access to Education: The availability of free Internet access for students improves access to education and empowers students to reach their full potential.
Conclusion and final thoughts
In conclusion, Spectrum offers several internet plans with varying speeds and prices that are suitable for students' different needs. While their plans may come with higher prices compared to other providers, Spectrum does not have data caps or require contracts, providing students with more flexibility in using their internet connection. However, their upload speeds may not be as high as other providers. Additionally, Spectrum provides free antivirus software and a modem on all plans, making it a convenient and reliable option for students who want to minimize extra costs. Overall, Spectrum is a great option for students who require reliable and high-speed internet service for online classes, research, and entertainment. By taking advantage of promotions and bundle deals, students can save money while enjoying quality internet service from Spectrum.
Call on (844) 533-0888 for Spectrum free internet for Students!