Xfinity Instant TV is a live-streaming service that allows customers to watch their favorite TV shows, movies, and sports channels at an affordable price. Although the service is only available to Xfinity Internet, it provides an extensive collection of local channels, making it perfect for those who don't want to use an antenna. Xfinity Instant TV offers different packages with add-ons for additional features, providing customers with the freedom to customize their subscriptions according to their preferences. The service also comes with a free trial period, enabling customers to test the service before deciding to subscribe to it fully. Despite the extra fees for things such as broadcast and regional sports fees, Xfinity Instant TV provides a range of channels that cater to different interests. If customers want to expand their range of channels, they can always choose to add extra packages. Xfinity Instant TV streamlines entertainment and provides a cost-effective streaming service that customers can enjoy from the comfort of their homes.
Benefits of Xfinity Instant TV
1. No cable box required: With Xfinity Instant TV, there is no need for a cable box or equipment rental fees. All you need is a smart TV, streaming device, game console, phone, or tablet to stream live TV.
2. Mix and match packages: Xfinity Instant TV has four packs from which you can mix and match. The Limited Basic plan costs $10/mo. and includes around 10 local channels. The rest of the plans are add-ons to this base package. You can add as many of the extra packages as you’d like.
3. Cost-effective: Xfinity Instant TV is an affordable option for Xfinity internet customers. The prices listed are only for each individual add-on, so you'll still have to pay for the Limited Basic plan separately. You can choose the package that best fits your budget, and you won't have to pay for channels you don't watch.
4. Streams on most devices: The Xfinity app is available on most smart TVs and streaming devices, making it easy to watch your favorite channels on the device of your choice. You can also stream on your phone or tablet, making it convenient to watch TV on the go.
5. DVR storage and simultaneous streams: Xfinity Instant TV comes with 20 hours of DVR storage and two simultaneous streams. This means you can record your favorite shows to watch later, and two people can watch different channels at the same time.
How to Get Started with Xfinity Instant TV?
1. Check If It’s Available in Your Area
Before getting started with Xfinity Instant TV, make sure it’s available in your area. Go to the Xfinity website and enter your zip code to check availability.
2. Choose a Plan
Xfinity Instant TV has four packs from which you can mix and match. The Limited Basic plan costs $10 per month and includes around 10 local channels. The rest of the plans are add-ons to this base package. You can also add as many of the extra packages as you’d like. Keep in mind that the prices listed are only for each individual add-on, and you’ll still have to pay for the Limited Basic plan separately.
3. Sign Up for Xfinity Internet
To use Xfinity Instant TV, you must be an Xfinity Internet customer. This means that you’ll need to sign up for Xfinity Internet if you haven’t already. Prices vary by location and availability.
4. Download the Xfinity App
Once you’ve signed up for Xfinity Internet, download the Xfinity app on your smart TV, streaming device, game console, phone, or tablet.
5. Start Streaming
Log in to the Xfinity app with your Xfinity username and password, and start streaming live TV through Xfinity Instant TV! The service comes with 20 hours of DVR storage and two simultaneous streams.
See More: Xfinity Internet Review
Customizing Your Xfinity Instant TV Experience
Customers who subscribe to Xfinity Instant TV have the flexibility to customize their viewing experience by opting for additional premium networks and channel packs. Xfinity offers a range of premium networks such as HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz. Customers can choose to add these premium networks to their Instant TV package for a monthly fee. Additionally, customers can also opt for channel packs such as the Sports Entertainment Pack, Latino Pack, and Kids & Family Pack. These packs include channels that cater to specific interests and preferences, allowing customers to tailor their Instant TV experience to their liking. Moreover, the cloud DVR feature of Instant TV enables customers to record up to 20 hours of shows and movies for later viewing. With its customizable options and innovative features, Xfinity Instant TV provides customers with a personalized and enjoyable entertainment experience.
Comparing Xfinity Instant TV to Other Streaming Services
1. Xfinity Instant TV vs. Sling TV:
Xfinity Instant TV and Sling TV both offer live TV streaming services, but they differ in terms of pricing and channel options. Xfinity Instant TV requires an Xfinity internet subscription, and prices start at $18 per month for a limited channel package that includes local networks and basic public channels. Sling TV's Orange subscription costs $30 per month and offers a similar lineup of channels, as well as the ability to add on additional packages for sports, news, and more.
2. Xfinity Instant TV vs. Hulu Live:
Hulu Live and Xfinity Instant TV both provide access to live TV channels, but again, pricing and channel availability are the key differentiators. Hulu Live starts at $54.99 per month and includes local channels, sports networks, and a variety of entertainment channels. Xfinity Instant TV begins at $18 per month for a limited number of local channels and public channels, with the ability to add on additional packages for more channels and content.
3. Xfinity Instant TV vs. YouTube TV:
YouTube TV and Xfinity Instant TV are similar in that they offer live TV streaming services, but YouTube TV includes a broader array of channels and a higher price point. YouTube TV starts at $64.99 per month and provides local channels, sports networks, and numerous entertainment channels. Xfinity Instant TV's base package starts at $18 per month and only provides local channels and public channels, but the service does allow for additional packages to be added on.
4. Xfinity Instant TV vs. AT&T TV Now:
AT&T TV Now and Xfinity Instant TV both offer live TV streaming services, but AT&T's service is considered to be one of the more expensive options on the market. The service starts at $55 per month and includes local channels, sports networks, and a variety of entertainment channels. Xfinity Instant TV, on the other hand, starts at $18 per month for a limited number of local channels and public channels, with the option to add on additional packages for more content.
In conclusion, Xfinity Instant TV offers a compelling option for cord-nevers and cord-cutters looking for an affordable streaming service. While the introductory package includes only local broadcast networks, the ability to add additional channels and premium networks gives users the flexibility to customize their package to their preferences. The inclusion of all major broadcast networks in the core offering also sets Xfinity Instant TV apart from other skinny bundle options. While there may be some competition in the crowded OTT market, Comcast's key advantage is its existing customer base and access to data that can help identify those who would benefit from the service. With its extensive library of on-demand programming and 20 hours of DVR storage, Xfinity Instant TV offers a streamlined entertainment experience for broadband subscribers.
Call on (844) 339-9555 & to get Xfinity Instant TV Connection now!