Spectrum is a high-speed internet service provider offered by Charter Communications, a company that acquired Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks in 2016. The internet plans provided by Spectrum offer fast and reliable connections, with starting speeds of up to 300Mbps at an affordable price. Customers can benefit from a free modem and access to 24/7 technical support, ensuring consistent connectivity around the clock. Spectrum also offers an out-of-home WiFi service for those who require internet access while on the go. While prices start at $49.99 per month for the first year, they can increase with the addition of features such as WiFi router rentals.
Spectrum Internet, the second-largest cable internet provider in the US, offers fast speeds and decent prices without data caps or contracts. Its Spectrum Internet Gig plan provides download speeds of 940Mbps. However, its fastest plan, with a download speed of 1000Mbps, offers upload speeds of just 35Mbps. Despite this, Spectrum Internet received an overall rating of 3.40/5 from 8300 verified customers, making it a good choice for customers who prioritize relatively quick internet speeds. Its cable network doesn't match the speed or reliability of a fiber network, but it maintains consistent internet speeds across time and geography, as reported by the FCC. While some customers found its service to be slightly expensive, they rated it positively for reliability, speed, equipment, support, and interaction.
|Plan||Price||Download speed||Call to Order|
|Spectrum Internet||$49.99/mo. for 12 mos.||Up to 300 Mbps||Call to Order|
|Spectrum Internet Ultra||$69.99/mo. for 12 mos.||Up to 500 Mbps||Call to Order|
|Spectrum Internet Gig||$89.99/mo. for 12 mos.||Up to 1000 Mbps||Call to Order|
Spectrum Internet Standard offers reliable and high-speed internet connectivity to its subscribers with download speeds of up to 200 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 10 Mbps. This plan is ideal for individuals and families who engage in light to moderate usage of the internet, such as browsing the internet, streaming videos, and using social media. The plan comes with a reasonable price of $49.99 per month for the first year and has no data cap, ensuring uninterrupted browsing and streaming without worrying about any additional costs. Spectrum's hybrid fiber-coaxial cable connection ensures a stable connection for subscribers' homes, making it a trusted provider for internet services. With its exceptional internet speeds and excellent pricing, Spectrum Internet Standard is a must-have for anyone looking for affordable and high-quality internet connectivity.
Spectrum Internet Ultra is a premium internet plan provided by Spectrum Internet that offers faster performance with higher download speeds of up to 500 Mbps. This plan costs $69.99 per month, $20 more than Spectrum's basic internet rate. However, Spectrum Ultra provides an abundance of speed for most households, making it perfect for gamers and large families. Moreover, Spectrum Ultra does not have a data cap or contract, which makes it an excellent option for households seeking flexibility with their internet plans. With speeds ranging from 100 to 400 Mbps, Spectrum Ultra can handle online activities such as streaming, gaming, and downloading without interruption. While it's ideal for households of around four, individuals who require lightning-fast internet speeds will benefit most from this high-performance plan.
Spectrum offers home Internet services with speeds up to 1 Gbps through their Spectrum Internet Gig package. This internet-only plan is currently the fastest option available from Charter Spectrum and offers both download and upload speeds of up to 1 Gbps and 500 Mbps, respectively. The package comes with no data caps, contracts, taxes or hidden fees, making it an attractive option for households with multiple devices. However, at a monthly cost of $89.99, it is more expensive compared to other competitors, including Fiber internet providers. Spectrum also offers different internet packages with varying speeds and costs, starting from $49.99 per month for the Spectrum Internet plan.
Spectrum Internet Gig is the perfect choice. This plan offers speeds of up to 940 Mbps and is perfect for streaming, gaming, and other high-bandwidth activities. With Spectrum Internet Gig, you can enjoy a lag-free experience with no buffering or slowdowns. Plus, you get unlimited data so you can stream or download as much as you want without worrying about data caps or overage fees. So if you're in need of a fast and reliable internet connection, look no further than Spectrum Internet Gig!
Spectrum Bundles and Extras are a great way for customers to get the most out of their internet, TV, and phone services. With these bundles, customers can save money on their monthly bills while also getting access to additional features such as HD channels, DVRs, and more. Spectrum offers a variety of bundle options that can be tailored to fit any budget or lifestyle. Whether you're looking for basic services or something more comprehensive, Spectrum has the perfect bundle for you.
1. Speed: When it comes to speed, both AT&T and Spectrum offer fast internet options. AT&T's fiber-optic plans can provide speeds up to 5,000 Mbps, while Spectrum's cable plan offers speeds up to 200 Mbps.
2. Affordability: In terms of price per Mbps, Spectrum offers a better deal compared to AT&T. However, AT&T's fiber-optic plans are more expensive but can provide faster speeds for those who require it.
3. Service availability: AT&T provides fiber-optic, IPBB, and fixed wireless plans, while Spectrum only offers cable internet service to residential customers. This means that AT&T has more options available for customers to choose from.
4. Data cap: Spectrum does not have a data cap, while AT&T has a varying data cap depending on the plan.
5. Overall performance: According to a study, AT&T Fiber scored high overall, but Spectrum beat AT&T in terms of affordability and number of plan options.
6. Service provider contract: Spectrum TV and internet plans are contract-free, while AT&T has contract-based plans. This means that customers can easily switch or cancel their service with Spectrum.
Overall, if a customer needs fast internet and is situated in an area that has AT&T Fiber coverage, AT&T would be the best option. However, for those who prioritize affordability and freedom from contracts, Spectrum would offer a better deal. Both providers offer quality internet services, and the ultimate choice depends on the customer's personal preference and requirements.
1. Speed: Xfinity offers a maximum residential cable speed of 1,200 Mbps, which is higher than Spectrum's 1,000 Mbps.
2. Plans: Xfinity offers a better range of plans than Spectrum, with speeds up to 6,000 Mbps. Spectrum's plans only go up to 1,000 Mbps.
3. Prices: Xfinity generally has lower prices than Spectrum, but Spectrum offers unlimited data, which may be a better option for heavy users.
4. Customer satisfaction: Xfinity scores better on customer service ratings with the Better Business Bureau.
5. Coverage: Xfinity has a slightly larger footprint than Spectrum.
6. Verdict: While it's a close call, Spectrum wins overall due to its better internet fees, even though Xfinity offers faster internet plans and better customer satisfaction.
7. Personal opinion: Based on years of experience, Xfinity is a better choice for those looking for a wider range of plans and faster speeds, while Spectrum is a better option for those who prioritize unlimited data and lower internet fees.
Overall, both providers have their pros and cons, and it ultimately depends on individual preferences and priorities when selecting an internet provider.
No, Spectrum Internet does not have data caps or contracts.
The average rating of 8300 verified customer reviews for Spectrum Internet is 3.40/5.
Yes, Spectrum Internet is a good choice for customers who want relatively quick internet speeds.
Yes, Spectrum Internet is one of the fastest and most reliable internet services around and is capable of streaming high quality video and downloading.
Spectrum Internet offers Cable Internet services.